Photo: Getty Images
OG Maco's family is speaking out about the rapper's condition after he was rushed to the hospital last week following an alleged suicide attempt.
On Monday, December 16, Maco's family posted a lengthy statement in which they confirmed the 32-year-old rapper is in "critical but stable condition." They said he's currently getting "the best care possible" as he continues to recover from his traumatic incident.
"At this time, we kindly ask that you respect our privacy," the statement reads, "but if you would like to send any messages or have anything you wish to get to the family, please reach out via DM."
"Please note, all official updates regarding OG Maco's health will come directly from his social media accounts," the statement continues. "This will be the only source for valid information."
The statement was released a few days OG Maco was rushed to a nearby hospital last week following a shooting at his home in Los Angeles. According to his manager Poppa Perc, Maco shot himself in the head and was rescued by paramedics after a neighbor called for help. He was reportedly on life support, however, some people thought he had passed away from his injuries. The rumors sparked social media posts from celebrities and fans who mourned Maco instead of praying for a speedy recovery.
“I thought he was dead when I first saw him,” Perc said. “We were about rebrand and drop [new music] under a whole new alias. We need everyone’s prayers.”
OG Maco's family will continue to provide updates on his health. We hope he recovers quickly.